About the GCI Scholarship application
We strategically created our application criteria to reach students that may not qualify for other scholarships. We also include a focus on students who want to pursue a major, trade or vocational training relevant to science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM). The applicant’s education and training endeavors should help to ensure an adequate, well-training workforce in technology.
This may include but not limited to coding, web design, gaming, IT, cyber security, product technology, medical technicians, health aides and installing and maintaining networks.
Applicants who live in Rural Alaska and applicants who express an intention to return to Alaska to start their careers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 2023 graduating seniors of an Alaska high school
- GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Seeking degree or certification with a STEM focus (View a list of some accepted STEM majors. Not all accepted majors are limited to this list.)
- Attending or enrolling in an accredited college or university or trade school
Applicants who express an intention to return to Alaska to start careers
- Applicants living in a Rural location (Rural is defined as outside of the Municipality of Anchorage, Fairbanks North Star Borough and the City of Juneau.)
- Extracurriculars in STEM-based activities, including esports activities through Alaska School Activities Association
The GCI scholarship application window is now closed.
- High school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, former or current employer, clergy members (preachers, pastors, rabbis, imams, etc.), a coach, school counselor or advisor, or a leader of an organization with which you are associated