June 2, 2015
Anchorage, Alaska – GCI is proud to announce that the TiVo Season Pass recording option with GCI powered by TiVo just got even smarter with the recent addition of TiVo OnePass.
TiVo OnePass collects all available episodes of a television show and creates custom playlists in subscribers’ ‘My Shows’ folder. Customers can watch an entire season from start to finish or simply watch an episode of their choice. If a show is unavailable on TV, TiVo OnePass fills in the series using viewing applications on TiVo, like On Demand or Netflix.
“GCI is dedicated to continuously improving our customers’ entertainment experiences, and we are confident that our already-popular GCI powered by TiVo service has become even better with OnePass,” said GCI Senior Vice President and General Manager Consumer Services Paul Landes.
Key TiVo OnePass features include:
- Acquiring episodes from a range of providers then organizing recordings and streaming videos by order of episodes
- Instantly showing all available episodes on all content applications for any given television show
- Maintaining one playlist across multiple platforms
- Remembering a user’s place in the episodic order
- Displaying watched progress bar for recordings
- Determining whether to include streaming videos based on the OnePass options set per TV show
GCI is the top provider of voice, data and video services in Alaska, through which consumers can experience entertainment everywhere. GCI is also the leading provider of communications services to enterprise customers, particularly large enterprise customers with complex data networking needs. The Alaska-based company is dedicated to providing the best in communication services, including the state’s largest wireless network, high-speed broadband, digital cable television and local telephone services. The company offers more than 1,300 TurboZone locations statewide to provide customers with more high-speed wireless capabilities. The company continuously supports community efforts, contributing to nonprofit organizations across the state. More information about GCI can be found at www.gci.com.
Liz Baker, Thompson & Co. PR